Thursday, June 2, 2011

S-middle-EA ////////////// Middle of the SEA

On a boat, off the port, in the middle of the sea
It seems like I am all alone, but You're sitting right by me
Somehow land has drifted out of sound and out of sight
Someway day has darkened deeply and fallen into night
Tell me, does it really matter?
The soft rainfall, the pitter-patter?
The fact that I cannot appreciate-
Escape a downpour of rain, lest I suffocate?
On this boat, far from port, in the middle of the sea
There's a hole at the bottom, but You told me not to worry
Lightning flashes brilliantly as thunder rolls and rolls
Waves toss restlessly as current pulls and pulls
There's a hole at the bottom, puddles deepen to the knee
I asked for You to bail me out and You said, "Just please trust Me"
Tell me how can this still matter?
The thrashing waves, the splatter-splatter?
The boat is now about to sink-
My trust for You is at the brink-
Pitch-black waves blot out the stars of the sky
But just when I thought that I should surely die
You reached out Your hand and said, "Peace. Be still,
Let the seas be calm, because it is My will."
Then the downpour ceased and the sun began to shine
And the boat was secure and dry again in very little time
On this boat, off the port, in the middle of the sea
I'm sorry I didn't listen when You said, "Just please trust Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment